Wise Woman Herbals
Privacy & Security
Collecting and Using Information
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used and to the extent necessary for those purposes it should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to guard your nonpublic personal information. Our operational and data processing systems are contained in a secure environment.
To secure sensitive communications between your computer and our web servers, we have implemented Trustwave digital certificates and enabled strong, 256-bit, encryption. We use secure sockets layer, SSL, security protocol to protect all exchanges of information via our web pages that are considered private or confidential.
We use various authentication technologies, including passwords, to authenticate visitors to the portions of our website that may allow access to private or confidential information. We have implemented other security controls such as firewalls, intrusion detection and intrusion prevention to protect our systems and networks and your information.
You may be aware that Web pages with "https" addresses indicate online security. The login areas of our site are secure even when appearing on a page with an "http" address. Before the information leaves your computer, it is transferred safely to the secure area of our Web site. You can always safely login from any "http" page at WiseWomanHerbals.com , but if you prefer to login on a page with an "https" address, click on the lock icon next to the submit button.
Email messages are not secure. We are not responsible for the security or confidentiality of communications sent to us via Internet email messages. Our security software does not encrypt email messages. Email messages traveling through the Internet are potentially subject to viewing, alteration and copying by anyone on the Internet. Be cautious when submitting personal or financial information via email. Send confidential information through the postal service or use the telephone to speak directly to our employees.
Wise Woman Herbals® wants to protect clients by warning them about a growing form of Internet fraud called "phishing." Fake email messages are disguised to look like requests from real businesses. These emails request private information. The information is then used to access sensitive data.
You should not respond to emails from Wise Woman Herbals that request validation of personal information or link to Web sites requesting validation of personal information.
Those receiving suspicious emails that appear to be from Wise Woman Herbals™ should immediately contact the Customer Service at 1-800-532-5219.